He would frequently install custom ROMs, kernels, and recoveries to improve his Android experience beyond what stock could provide. Although not as popular as it once was, he still continues to root his primary devices today using the latest version of Magisk. Stephen has been passionate about writing his entire life and finally turned it into a professional career in 2016. He started out as a lesson plan writer in computer science and IT for Study.com, which allows students to earn real college credits online. That led him to Gadget Hacks, where Stephen got to write educational and informative pieces for Android smartphones. And now, he continues down that same path at Android Police, using his technical knowledge and skills to write how-to guides. His goal has always been to help as many people as possible learn something new about technology.
- Otherwise it will depend on your device and whether stock images are readily available.
- If you like this article, then please share it on your social media platforms.
- PixelOS is another retake on stock Android which brings a Pixel-like user interface with added enhancements and stability.
- When you step into custom development, there’s always an element of risk involved in things going south.
- It’s made by Chainfire, the developer behind apps like SuperSU and the blue light filtering app CF.lumen.
- CWM and TWRP recovery are quite popular amongst android users especially those who love to flash custom ROMs or root their android devices.
You should download it and extract it to a convenient location on your PC. Doing this will give you the necessary platform-tools folder. Bootloader mode (Fastboot mode) allows you to do various amazing things. If you are familiar with the android stuff, these are .img that can be flashed via fastboot mode. Almost all people have a number of apps installed on their smartphones that they use on a regular basis. There are a lot of different games, photos, and other information that can make it difficult to keep track of all of them.
- Yep, now the steps are becoming very easy because you are understanding them quickly.
- Furthermore, since the MediaTek community officially releases the tool, it’s 100% safe and secure to use on the computer.
- The cloud shall back up some of the settings and app downloads but keep in mind that is not a true this link backup it is the only list of things for the phone to download and change.
- Are you ready to use ADB and Fastboot for flashing custom firmware on your Android phone?
At last, if nothing works, then you must consider reinstalling the OS to make your device run flawlessly. If you follow this post,it will be easy for you to face loss,theft or other situations.
As a long-time power user who knows his devices from the inside out, he uses that knowledge to tweak and customize them to better fit his specific needs. Stephen previously worked as a freelance how-to guide writer for the Android rooting, modding, and custom ROM section at Gadget Hacks. He has actively followed the Android scene since 2008 with the HTC Dream, known by most as the T-Mobile G1. However, he didn’t get his first Android device until 2009 with the original Motorola Droid. After that, Stephen quickly learned about unlocking the bootloader and gaining full root access — both changed his smartphone life forever.
For that i have searched in google and flashed cache.img file. Now phones is booting only in fastboot mode or stock recovery. So now i need to backup my data from phone.please guide me, how to get those data from internal memory. In this article we will try to explain how to check, download and install the Coolpad firmware.